Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ZZZZZ.....

I have been getting up every morning with neck and back ache,hardly feeling refreshed from my sleep.I feel my spine has curled up into french knots,the muscles and ligaments have teamed in and are in toto pretending to be an embroidery. I cleverly attributed it to my sleep position.Obviously,if I sleep in postures that would put a swiss acrobat to shame,then beyond doubt,my spine will be on strike.I did some research on this and I chanced upon this site which links personality to the sleep position.I had heard of this before,but read the detail today for the first time.Here goes:

The 6 different positions:

The Foetus: Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax.
This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.
Log (15%): Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.
The yearner (13%): People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.
Soldier (8%): Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.
Freefall (7%): Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.
Starfish (5%): Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.



People reading this,do tell me which one is yours?

9 comments:

test123 said...

I always new that I was schizophrenic, but 6 personalities that is pushing it :D.

Yasmine Claire said...

but hey i go through all of these !

Anushya said...

richie - I guess you must be doing quite a ballet in your sleep,changing positions so often to fit all your personalities ;-)

yasmine - You don't go through all of these!!not because you don't want to,but with all those cats around sleeping,you can't!!

Karthik said...

Either the soldier or the starfish is what I think I sleep in. But you never know once you are asleep which of the other positions your body morphs into, right?? Btw, Appa would fit the Freefall position, right? But it says that such people don't like attention. If that's true, either this article is completely wrong or I don't know Appa at all!

Anushya said...

no no it says the starfish don't like to be the centre of attention.the firewall sleepers hate criticism.Which is so true in Appa's case..hehe!He hates it when Amma points out that he is highly disorganized with his papers and CD collection.

Don't know if this should be made public or not ;-)

Yasmine Claire said...

actually coz of the cats I have to keep changing positions......! lady next to the neck...freddie at the curve of my legs, laddu next to my tummy, lea behind my back..help!

Anonymous said...

what if you are half- way between foetus and a free- faller. and occassionally a soldier???

Anushya said...

Adi...you are a gone case ;-).It doesn't matter which position you sleep in.

direkishore said...

I am a clear "freefall"er!