Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Jinny

Jinny was the first pet we had.Amma brought him home one day and when I saw him first,I thought he was a brown and white fur toy...thats when he blinked and our whole lives changed.

My parents were coming out of the hospital one sunday afternoon,when they saw a goat going into labor on the pavement.Everyone was giving her a wide berth to do what she had to do.But suddenly there was a fluffy streak across the road and a pup came gamboling out of nowhere.He was full of energy and tiny yelps.He kept prancing all around the goat much like a tribal warrior would around his spear.

Now,labor pains are almost the same across diverse species and any female going through labor would tell you that she needs her space and if there is any noise to me made,its going to be she making it.The last thing this replete goat needed was a hyperactive,noisy,irritating pup nipping at her ankles,trying to make a game out of it.Jinny I am sure now was being his sweet,affable self but obviously,it didn't go down very well with our lady who had other pressing(literally here)matters at hand.

So,in a flash she butt him really hard.My little hero went flying across the road and landed on the opposite pavement sans goat.My parents were really taken in by all this drama and it was simply love at first sight.As they picked him up a young boy came running up to them and claimed the pup to be his.An hour of serious negotiations ensued,during which time Jinny promoted a cute and adorable image of himself.Finally he came into our lives for Rs.25/-


Maybe later I will write more about my darling Jinny who lived with us for 10 years.He came at a very cheap price considering all the moments of joy,laughter and meaning he gave us which was priceless!!

No comments: