Wednesday, April 05, 2006

James blunt

I heard James blunt for the first time on the Oprah winfrey show.Back to bedlam is his debut album and well...I have very mixed feelings about these songs by an ex-cavalryman who exchaged his "rifle for a guitar".They are very obviously melancholy,highly emotional and quite poetic but a little too much of him and you will wonder if this dirge and whining would ever stop.I quite liked "beautiful" and "goodbye my lover".

Apparently people of these three catagories would do well not to vernture into his album.
1. You've just finished with your boyfriend/girlfriend
2. Someone in you family etc has just died
3. You are depressed or are a depressive person
On the whole he is unique,soulful but frankly should be heard in moderate doses.

Here are a few lines from the song -goodbye my lover:

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.

....And I still hold your hand in mine
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow
.I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

Well...I guess you get the idea about the overtly sentimental lyrics.

No comments: