Friday, April 03, 2009

Random verses

In the past one year, I have had several opportunities to express my prowess in amateur poetry. Most of these poems evolved as a reply to my husband's mail. When I say poem, it is more like an extended limerick. A few of my tolerant and loyal audience got to read it and have since then maintained that I should publish these on my blog. I haven't found too much time or the inclination to write much anyways and ergo decided to fill this month's quota of blogging with some poetry.

It was my first true winter last year and I was taken completely unawares. The cold hit me hard and ruthlessly and I lay like a beaten animal, forced into hibernation. My poor husband suffered my state of inactivity for those four months and one day dripping with guilt but not being in a state to do anything else, I wrote him this poem.

Life said:
Poor old kailash left home today,
penniless and hungry all the way,
he sulked and he fumed at his plight,
how dare his wife keep snoring inspite.

She never wakes up on time for him,
hardly cooks or goes to the gym,
what on earth does she do all day?
wondered kailash in great dismay!!

Kailash said:
There is so much work to do
she could vacuum the house or shine a shoe,
the vessels pile on the kitchen sink,
but when i ask, all she does is blink and blink.

She never gives me money when I ask,
I've had enough! I will take her to task!!
she keeps shopping and spending all the time
but when I want some, there is never a dime.

Enough is enough, I am through,
I have had it with this wicked shrew,
I won't stand this lazy sloth any more,
I will send her back across three shores.

Oh! but what will I do when she is gone?
Who will love me and and keep me warm?
I will miss her so much that I would cry,
I think it's better if I give it another try.

I know when I am home tonight,
it will be a cosy and pleasant sight,
to have the house sparkling clean,
warm delicious food ready to eat,
I love my wife no matter what,
even if she is a lazy snoozing sloth,
she will definitely make it up to me,

Life said again:
It will be worth it in the end, you'll see!!

Anushya said:
Sorry Kailash for this morning's state
it is just today and not your fate,
the cold has gripped me hard and strong,
my body refuses to move, there is something wrong!!

I tried to wake up and cook for you
I tried very hard...but what to do :-(
the warmth of the blanket lulled me in,
and I nestled in too warm to even care or think.

I hope you are not too angry with me,
I hope you have forgiven and let it be,
tonight's feast will be good on your tummy,
food that it hot and really very yummy.

Then Life said in the end:
What is to ever keep them apart?
surely not some silly morning start,
they love each other so very much
that they will kiss and truly make up.

.................To be continued.

No comments: